Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Sleeve

I came across this artist, Stephan Doitschinoff, when I was in NYC at the Jonathan Levine Gallery and fell so in love with his art work that I decided to start working on a sleeve based around some of the things I saw. If you know me, you know that I'm really into traditional style tattooing and religious themes and that is essentially what his artwork is made up of (hello run on sentence). Its too perfect. I just wanted to post a few pictures because they are so gorgeous. And honestly the photos do no justice if you had seen the originals in person.
I want to start my sleeve using one of these devil heads and work from there.

And here is the silkscreen print Charlie bought us. Its signed and limited to 300.

Here is a link to all the pieces in the installation we saw:

http://www.jonathanlevinegallery.com/?method=Exhibit.ExhibitDescription&ExhibitID=9B127075-19DB-5802-E006FE3771379827

No comments: